February Author Events

I have so much happening this month!  Our biggest holiday at the bakery is Valentine's Day, so we're gearing up for that weekend.  I have so many books lined up to read this month.  Plus it's my birthday this month!!  Which means I'll be gone for a weekend on a mini vacation.  On top of all of that I have two author events that I'm super excited to attend.  I'm super excited that both of these managed to work with my schedule!

The Events:

Pierce Brown

Morning Star: Book III of The Red Rising Trilogy - Pierce Brown

Morning Star is the third, and final, book in the Red Rising Trilogy.  This is really all I know about this book.  I haven't wanted to read to much about it, because I want to go in with a sliver of hope that not everyone is going to die horrid and terrible deaths.

Alexander Chee

The Queen of the Night - Alexander Chee

Lilliet Berne is a sensation of the Paris Opera, a legendary soprano with every accolade except an original role, every singer’s chance at immortality. When one is finally offered to her, she realizes with alarm that the libretto is based on a hidden piece of her past. Only four could have betrayed her: one is dead, one loves her, one wants to own her. And one, she hopes, never thinks of her at all.  As she mines her memories for clues, she recalls her life as an orphan who left the American frontier for Europe and was swept up into the glitzy, gritty world of Second Empire Paris. In order to survive, she transformed herself from hippodrome rider to courtesan, from empress’s maid to debut singer, all the while weaving a complicated web of romance, obligation, and political intrigue.

Honestly, I'm not sure which one of these events I'm more excited for.  Both books sounds amazing for completely different reasons.  Alexander Chee is a new author for me so I'm super excited to hear him talk about his book.  As for the Pierce Brown event, I'm a complete fangirl!  No matter what both events will be fun and I can't wait!