A Little About Me

So I've seen this on a lot of blogs lately and honestly figured I'd jump on board to sort tell a little about myself.  Mostly because I'm sort of bad at talking about myself.  Also it's been too long without a post.  Work got in the way, then I spent an afternoon with friends, and finally got back to reading.  So now that the temp has finally dropped and my notebook won't try to overheat, a blog post about me.  The women behind the curtain of My Book Life (I can totally make Wizard of Oz jokes since I was born and raised in Kansas).

1. Are you named after anyone?

Sure was.  I'm named after Kayla from Days of Our Lives.

2. When was the last time you cried?

Last week talking on the phone with my dad.  It's hard being so far away from my family.

3. Do you have kids?

Do my cats count?  The little sure acts like a kid.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

I don't know.  Apparently it takes a certain kind of person to like over a long period of time, or so I've been told.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Dude, all day, every day.

6. Will you ever bungee-jump?

Totally! Jump out of plane, sky diving, all over that kind stuff.

7. What’s your favorite cereal?

Lucky Charms

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?

The way the hold themselves.

9. What is your eye colour?

Normally hazel, but sometimes green.

10. Scary movie or happy endings?

Scary, all the way.

11. Favorite smells?

Coconut, vanilla, old books

12. Summer or winter? Summer.

Autumn, true story. Nothing better than being able to curl up on my patio with a cup of tea, my Batman blanket, and a good book.

13. Computer or television?

Depends on the day.  Some days I don't want to stare at my computer screen, so I have the TV on.  Other days I need to work on my writing.  Then there are the days where I put my phone on silent and read all day.

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

When I moved 4000 miles away because I needed to get away.

15. Do you have any special talents?

I got mad baking skills.

16. Where were you born?

Kansas, on a farm, with lots of cows.

17. What are your hobbies?

Paddle boarding, annoying my cats, writing, reading, book shopping.

18. Do you have any pets?

Sure do, I got two.  Maxwell Edison and Eleanor Rigby.  See the theme going on there.

19. Favorite movie?

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Fifth Element.

20. Do you have any siblings?

Little brother.

21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Is there a Peter Pan option to this question.  No, fine.  To be published as an author.  I don't have to be famous or nothing.  Just to walk into a bookstore and see my book on a shelf.  That'd be pretty cool.

Well, there you go.  A bit about little ole me.  Personally I think I'm rather boring, but I have a pretty rad book life.  I did the big adventure when I moved so far away from home three years ago.  Since then I've finally moved into a super nice apartment with a pretty rad job as a Cupcake Ace.  Now I have a book blog and an epic library system.  Life's pretty good.