Bout of Books Day 7 and a Wrap-Up

I'm day late throwing this up, but last night I had a book to finish.  The last day of my first Bout of Books was a good one (even work was kind of mellow).  I finished Monstrous managed another section into Quotable Doctor Who.  While I'm enjoying the Doctor Who book it's not something I can sit and read for hours, but I do have a need to re-watch all of Classic Who.  Anyway, despite my reading time being pretty slim I did finish Monstrous which was well worth reading past my bedtime.

Day 7 didn't have a challenge it was.  It was a free day, which was perfect because I worked open to close!

Now instead of doing a second post with a wrap-up all on it's own I thought I'd combine the two.  Mostly because my update for the last day of Bout of Books 15 was pretty small with my long work day.  I don't think I did half bad considering it was my serious attempt at any kind of Read-A-Thon mixed in with a full work.

Bout of Books 15 Stats:

Two books read: Wytches Volume 1 - Scott Snyder,Jock  and  Monstrous - MarcyKate Connolly   Between the two, Monstrous was my favorite read during the Bout.  It was pretty adorable and I've already added it the nieces to read pile.  Wytches was a little disappointed considering my high hopes for it.  I'm hoping to have a review up for Monstrous up soon.

Pages read: 576

Books left unfinished:  The Official Quotable Doctor Who: Wise Words from Across Space and Time - Cavan Scott,Mark Wright   I'm about halfway through this one, and I like it so far.  It's just not something I can sit down and read for hours on end.  After a while I get distracted.  Without a doubt I'll keep it reading it here and there.

BINGO Books:  2 out of 3, and technically Quotable Doctor Who would go on the Free Space.

My flatmate had a little better week than I did, but only because she's a speed reader.  So I rarely feel bad when she runs circles around me with book count.  Right now our BINGO boards are tied up, which is all that matters!  I have to say I enjoyed the last week.  The challenges were fun and it was awesome to get back into the habit of reading.  Plus, I think Maxwell, the fat cat, needed some hardcore cuddling.  Bout of Books 16 will be back May 9th through the 15th!  Both me and the blog will be ready.  Now, on to the Clean Slate Read-A-Thon.